General Problems

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Mar 17 21:07:53 UTC 2004

Mugleston, Brad wrote:
> It will probably be obvious when I get there (home) but what should it look like for each instance (using Comcast and using my sendmail).

The entries for your server will contain either the IP address or host
name of your system (localhost or 127.0.0.1, whatever).  As for what the
Comcast SMTP server is, you'd need to check your account data from
Comcast to see what they want you to use.  RoadRunner (my ISP at home)
uses "smtp.socal.rr.com" ("socal" being Southern California as opposed
to some other geographical area such as "smtp.tampa.rr.com" for Tampa,
FL).

-           Give me ambiguity or give me something else!             -