General Problems

Matthew Galgoci mgalgoci at redhat.com
Wed Mar 17 21:55:30 UTC 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Early last week Comcast at my house went down for the morning. When it
> came up my IP address had moved to an AT&T 24.X.Y.Z type address. I'm
> not sure they got smarter. I think they changed who is running the
> network... ;)
>
> - Mark

iirc, at&t cable service was swallowed whole by comcast. I suspect Comcast has just
gotten around to some much needed merging and cleaning up of their networks.

(btw if any comcast tech people are reading this feel free to speak up and confirm, deny
or correct me)

--
Matthew Galgoci
System Administrator and Sr. Manager of Ruminants