RH 9 automount resets and cron.daily

Chiu, PCM (Peter) P.C.M.Chiu at rl.ac.uk
Thu Mar 18 17:01:53 UTC 2004

Thanks, Rick,

The auto.master contains the switch --timeout=300.

That means it should timeout every 5 minutes, after that,
the client will umount an idle nfs file system.

But what I don't quite follow is that why the automount reset at
04:02:00 every day?

I have seen this on more than one systems that have unrelated NFS
file systems served with automout.

Their system logs record the same automout reset at the same time?

Peter