mod_ssl continued

Nigel Wade nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Fri Mar 19 10:40:14 UTC 2004

roger at audiblefaith.com wrote:
> Ok, I think I have the apache side of the SSL thing worked out. It seems
> to be trying to serve the pages. When I go to:
> https://www.musicwithmeaning.com
>
> I get a "Page can not be displayed" error and my SSL error log shows:
>  [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA
> == TRUE !?)
>
> Thoughts/comments/help?

How did you create the certificate for https?
Did you create a CA and use its cert. - the message looks like its saying
the cert. is for a CA rather than a server?

For my latest https setup I used the makefile in /usr/share/ssl/certs, then
copied the pem file it created into /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt and
/etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/server.key. Very simple.

E-mail :    nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555