Canna server

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Mar 19 17:55:40 UTC 2004

Christophe GAUBERT wrote:

>>>Hi every one
>>>
>>>I have recently noticed that I have a Canna server running. After a little search on the web, it seems that it has something to do with japanese characters. I don't understand  when this application had been added !
>>>The last packages I have added are XEmacs and Xfig. Do you think that Canna server is a dependance of those packages ? Is there a way to know this ?
>>
>>The dependency tree says that only xemacs requires canna, but I don't
>>think it truly does.  Just shut down canna if you don't want it running.
>>You could probably just "rpm -e --nodeps" Canna and deal with the
>>consequences (which won't be much unless you use xemacs to enter
>>Japanese data).
>

> Thank you. I will try this tonight. But how do you know the dependency tree ?

You need the names of the canna RPMs first.  I happen to know that
the main one is called "Canna", but you can:

	# rpm -qa | grep anna

to get the names of the canna RPMs.  Once you have the main one:

	# rpm -q --whatrequires name-of-RPM

In this case:

	[root at prophead root]# rpm -q --whatrequires Canna
	xemacs-21.4.12-6

on my Red Hat 9 system.
-  Memory is the second thing to go, but I can't remember the first! -