mozilla plugins for vnc viewer

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Mar 24 17:51:53 UTC 2004

Chiu, PCM (Peter) wrote:

> Can anyone tell me where can I get the x-java-vm plugins on mozilla
> so  I can use VNC viewer with mozilla?
>
> At the moment, under RH9, when I tried _http://host:5801/_,
> it complains that I need the x-java-vm plugin to view this.

Just download and install the Java runtime stuff (JRE, Java Runtime
Environment).  You can find both instructions and links to the Java
download sites at

	http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/linux.html#Java

Personally, I use the Sun download, but the others work fine.

BTW, you don't need Java for VNC to work.  If you VNC to a remote
machine and run Mozilla on that remote system to view a site that
requires Java, THEN you need to install JRE on the remote machine.  VNC
itself has no such requirement.
-   "Do you suffer from long-term memory loss?"  "I don't remember"  -
-                            -- Chumbawumba, "Amnesia" (TubThumping) -