Gnome - drag from desktop to desktop?

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Mar 24 23:43:37 UTC 2004

Mark Knecht wrote:
> Hi,
>    Does Gnome, as supplied with Fedora Core 1, have a feature that will
> allow me to drag an app from one desktop to another? I use this in
> fluxbox all the time and would like something similar in Gnome but I
> can't find it.

As in from workspace to workspace?  If you right-click on the icon in
the upper left corner of the window (the "v"), you'll see "Move to
workspace N".  Select one and it'll go there.  There's also "Put on
all workspaces".  You can also right-click on the app's entry on
the menubar and select "Put on all workspaces".

In Gnome, "when in doubt, right-click on something!"
-    If your broker is so damned smart...why is he still working?    -