mtools installation

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 30 15:44:43 UTC 2004

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 04:45:57AM -0000, ashok sharma wrote:

> Hi:
> I am not able to use mtools commands on my RH 8.x system. May be the
> mtools package is not installed. How do I check if the package is
> installed or not.

rpm -q mtools

> Of course I have mounted the Windows formatted
> floppy using the command :
> mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy
> Pl help
>
> Best
> Ashok Sharma

If you want to use mtools, you do _not_ want to mount the floppy, and
vice-versa.  If the floppy is mounted, you can use the usual *ix
utilities like ls, cp, mv, et al.  If you leave the floppy unmounted
(but in the drive), you can use the mtools like mdir, mcopy, et al.
For more information, "man mtools".

Cheers,
robertmcclure at earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
What if God is asking _us_ for a sign?