SOLVED: Corruption

Chris Hewitt g0pae at manordat.demon.co.uk
Sat May 1 14:56:12 UTC 2004

J.L. Coenders wrote:

>I solved the problems, it was a bad DIMM. I got it out now and:
>- memtest86 is succesfull
>- disk diagnostics are succesfull
>- touch /forcefsck reports no more problems
>- tarring and gzipping works perfectly for all situations
>
>Only problem now is that I have half my RAM ;)
>Thanks for the help, guys.
>
>Jeroen

I'm down to less ram in a couple of computers too, for the same reason.
I feel the stability is worth it though. memtest86 does not have to find
much wrong for GNU Linux to become strange. I had one computer with bad
ram that simply would not load RH, but ran MS Windows (almost) flawlessly.

Glad the problem is sorted.

Chris