xdpyinfo | grep RENDER question

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Tue May 4 22:45:47 UTC 2004

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 03:31:26PM -0700, Rick Stevens wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:

> >>Either sshd_config or sshd2_config, depending on your loyalties.
> >

> >I ran across this though:
> >
> >http://www.zevils.com/cgi-bin/man/man2html?ssh_config+5
> >
> >Somehow it makes more logical sense to me that it would go in ssh_config
> >as it is telling the system what I want to do when I start an ssh
> >session (ala -Y on the command line) instead of sshd_config that says
> >how I want the system to react when someone trys to contact me.
> >
> >Maybe I'm confused though. I certainly dont have any answers. Guess I
> >could just try them both, couldn't I??? ;-)
>
> That would make sense.  Since it's not documented, my guess is that it
> can go in either place, with sshd_config being the defaults and able to
> be overridden by what's in ~/.ssh_config on a user-by-user basis.

My understanding is that sshd_config configures the ssh daemon, while
ssh_config configures the client, e.g. "ssh somehost", on a
system-wide basis.

Or did I answer the wrong question? :-)

Cheers,
robertmcclure at earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
A religion that has no impact on your daily life
  is not much of a religion.