I can't use command "man"

Huan Deng hdeng at microscience.com.cn
Fri May 7 03:29:54 UTC 2004

Rick Stevens wrote:

>Make sure you have an /etc/man.config file and that it is readable to
>all users (minimum of 644 or "-rw-r--r--").  An "ls -l /etc/man.config"
>should result in something like:
>
>[rick at prophead rick]$ ls -l /etc/man*
>-rw-r--r--  1 root root 4568 Oct 13  2003 /etc/man.config
>
>You may want to reinstall the "man" RPM.
>- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens at vitalstream.com -
>- VitalStream, Inc.                       http://www.vitalstream.com -
>-                                                                    -
>-           Blech!  ACKth!  Ooop!  -- Bill the Cat (Outland)         -

  Thanks a lot. I reinstall "man" rpm , and all users can use command "man".
  But there is still a little problem . I input "man ls" , a message pops up:

      gunzip: stdout: Broken pipe

      gunzip: stdout: Broken pipe
      grotty: <standard input>:2585:fatal error: output error

  Usually the message is ignored by the system , and the command runs well.
  I want to know if the message doesnt matter and how to correct it.

               Huan Deng
               hdeng at microscience.com.cn
					2004-05-07