Trouble configuring Red Hat Linux 7.2

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu May 13 20:06:54 UTC 2004

Pedro Morales wrote:
> --- Rick Stevens <rstevens at vitalstream.com> wrote:
>
>>Pedro Morales wrote:
>>
>>>--- Rick Stevens <rstevens at vitalstream.com> wrote:
>>
>>[major snippage]

>>classroom,

>>in

>>have

>>>how do I do this?
>>
>>It depends on the patch you get.  Once you download
>>and extract the
>>patch code, there should be an INSTALL or README
>>file that explains the
>>process.  Since I don't know what patch you're
>>talking about, I can't
>>help beyond that.  If you want to post a link to
>>where you found this
>>information, I might be able to help more.
>

> http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/

The instructions to do it are there on the website.  Did you read any
of them?  The instructions for RH9 are virtually identical to those for
FC1.  If you missed the link, it's

	http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/howto-redhat-90-build.phtml

Where they list the kernel source and rpm-build/rpm-devel stuff, make
sure you have the CURRENT kernel source RPM installed along with the
latest rpm-build and rpm-devel RPMs.  Make sure you have configured
the kernel source properly (through the "make xconfig;make dep" stage).
See http://www.rhil.net/docs/kernelbuild.html if you're confused about
that bit.  Once that's done, continue with the "Download" section of
the "pptpclient" link.
-     Is that a buffer overflow or are you just happy to see me?     -