mount error

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Tue May 18 17:10:23 UTC 2004

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 09:57:29AM -0700, Pedro Morales wrote:

> --- Bob McClure Jr <robertmcclure at earthlink.net>
> wrote:
> > On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 07:58:50AM -0700, Pedro
> > Morales wrote:
> > >
> > > --- Bob McClure Jr <robertmcclure at earthlink.net>
> > question,
> > and I
> > directory

> > shell.

> > > it's there

> > looks

> > > I have
> > >  /dev/cdrom       /mnt/cdrom     udf,iso9660,
> > > noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
> > >
> > > and the cd im trying to read is the vmware I
> > > downloaded, so the cd has only files no
> > directories at
> > > all.
> >
> > What happens if you
> >
> >   mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
>
> got the following error:
> /dev/cdrom: Input/output error
> mount: block device /dev/cdrom is write-protected,
> mounting read-only
> /dev/cdrom: Input/output error
> mount: you must specify the filesystem type

I'd say there is something wrong with the way you burned the CD.  If
you can mount any other CD without tears, then that is nearly
certain.  You may find you need to burn at a slower rate.

Cheers,
robertmcclure at earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
A man who can kneel before God can stand up to anything.