Installing linux on separate hard drive

mylar micros50 at computer.net
Tue May 25 22:45:08 UTC 2004

Not long ago I installed Fedora Core 1 on a second 80GB drive that I
added to a Dell machine with Windows XP. When you install Fedora Core 2
instruct the installation program to install fedore to the second (4.1
Gb) hard drive. When it comes time to install the boot loader (usually
GRUB these days) have it install the bootloader to the MBR of the first
disc (the one with XP). Then when you boot your machine the bootloader
will prompt you for which operating system the system should boot into
i.e. XP or Fedora. No need to go into setup and change the boot device
each time.

4.1 Gb sounds a bit small. Probably okay for trying the distro out but
you likely install only the packages you really need for sake  of saving
space.

mylar