RH9-Apache 2.0.49 installation

RH Newbie poorna3_v at yahoo.co.in
Wed May 26 11:32:33 UTC 2004

Hi all..
            I've installed RH9 and I wish to install Apache 2.0.49. When i tried upgrading the apache-2.0.40, that had come with RH9 distribution, i got so much of depency errors. When i tried solving one, so many new dependency errors cropped up. So i've uninstalled the apache-2.0.40 rpm installations with nodeps option. I've also uninstalled the dependent rpms like mod_perl, mod_python, etc. I got the compatible versions of all the dependent rpms for Apache-2.0.49 and i've installed it successfully. But now, when i try to start the http service i'm getting the following error.

# service httpd start
Starting httpd: /usr/sbin/httpd: relocation error: /usr/lib/libapr-0.so.0: symbol sys_siglist, version GLIBC_2.3.3 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

 FYI i've given the details of some of the dependent packages...

httpd-2.0.49-1
httpd-devel-2.0.49-1
apr-0.9.3-14
apr-devel-0.9.3-14
apr-util-0.9.3-10
apr-util-devel-0.9.3-10
glibc-2.3.2-11.9
glibc-devel-2.3.2-11.9
glibc-common-2.3.2-11.9
glibc-kernheaders-2.4-8.10
db4-4.1.25-14
db4-devel-4.1.25-14
webalizer-2.01_10-11

I'm totally struck now, and i donot know where i've gone wrong or what i've to do now to resolve this error. I would be happy if some could suggest me a solution

Thanx in advance