Does FC2 support Cyrix MII?

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 2 18:09:52 UTC 2004

Over the weekend, I attempted to upgrade my ancient Cyrix MII firewall
(installers think it's an i686) from FC1 to FC2, but the distro disk
failed to boot the machine.  During the loading of the kernel, it
abruptly returns to the BIOS boot process.

- The distro disk did boot (and upgrade) my AMD Athlon box.

- The Cyrix MII has booted distro disks for years.  It has 128MB of
  RAM.

I didn't think to try a memory test.

Does anyone know of some wierdness in the MII that is no longer
supported in the install kernel?

Cheers,
robertmcclure at earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
Grace happens.