RH9/Windows 2000/Large HD install problem

Darryl Mocek dmocek at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 18:13:20 UTC 2004

I'm trying to install RH9 plus Windows 2000 on a new
machine with a 160GB hard drive.  I installed Windows
2000 first, creating a 80GB partition.  This went fine
and I was able to boot and run Windows 2000 with no
problems.  BTW, I also installed Windows SP4 as I read
SP3 fixed a problem with HD's larger then 137GB.

I then intalled RH9.  I've tried partitioning the HD
myself using Disk Druid and letting RH9 autopartion
the HD.  The results of both are that I can run RH9
with no problems, but when I try to boot Windows 2000
I get a blue screen which read INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DISK
and Windows freezes.

I've read many articles on dual booting Linux and
Windows, but none deal with a large HD, which I think
is the issue as I have this configuration running
successfully on a machine with a 40G HD.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-d