Linux RAID

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Nov 9 17:26:45 UTC 2004

Kligh Darsono wrote:
> Hans,
>
> Actually i did not know how many types of RAID. In my
> mind just want to expand my hd space on my current
> linux machine, without re-installing it.

You don't need RAID to expand disk space.  You do, however, need to
set up LVM (logical volume management), which allows you to individual
partitions (even on other disks) together to make it look like one big
partition.  See the LVM manual pages and HOWTO for details.

> TIA.
> Dar.
> --- Hans Müller <ndof at gmx.li> wrote:
>

>>Kligh Darsono schrieb:
>>
>>>Gentlemen,
>>>
>>>I need to create RAID on existing linux box, is it
>>>possible ??
>>>
>>>Pls give some guidance or any other sign how to
>>
>>make
>>
>>>it.
>>>
>>>Thanks.
>>>Dar.

>>>Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam
>>
>>protection around
>>
>>>http://mail.yahoo.com

>>to:
>>
>>>redhat-install-list-request at redhat.com
>>>

>>Yes it is. But what kind of raid do you will?
>>

>>ATTACHMENT part 1.2 application/pgp-signature
>
> name=signature.asc

-         The world is coming to an end ... SAVE YOUR FILES!!!       -