reinstalling Mozilla web browser

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 12 04:03:40 UTC 2004

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 09:29:16PM -0000, othman El Moulat wrote:
> Hi guys;
> i'm facing problems with Mozilla web browser and i need to reinstall it...
> i need to know where are the rpm s of Mozilla in the RH9 system
> situated?

Well, there are several mozilla rpms.  You can see which ones you have
with

  rpm -qa | fgrep mozilla

To see what's installed where, do (for mozilla, for instance)

  rpm -ql mozilla

> could any one describe to me the steps to reinstall Mozilla...details would be very welcomed :)

For each mozilla that is installed, do

  rpm -e mozilla mozilla-mail mozilla-nspr (and so on)

Then re-install the RPMs.

"man rpm" for more info.

> thanks

You're welcome.