installing FC2 over RH7.3

Graeme Nichols gnichols at tpg.com.au
Fri Nov 12 04:10:31 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 05:56, Jason Pinkney wrote:
> > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jason Pinkney" <j-pinkney at onu.edu>

Hello Jason, OO 1.1.1 does install with FC2 and it installed with no
problems when I upgraded from RH8 to FC2. I don't actually use it
preferring instead StarOffice 5.2 but that is just my idiosyncrasy.

If the other tarballs you have installed are part of the FC2
distribution then they should be upgraded as well. However there have
been many apps dropped and others added in each successive distribution
so you may end up with a mixed bag but it shouldn't cause you any
problems, or at least none you cannot easily fix.

Good luck.

Kind regards, Graeme Nichols.
Overall, the philosophy is to attack the availability problem from two
complementary directions: to reduce the number of software errors
through rigorous testing of running systems, and to reduce the effect of
the remaining errors by providing for recovery from them. An interesting
footnote to this design is that now a system failure can usually be
considered to be the result of two program errors: the first, in the
program that started the problem; the second, in the recovery routine
that could not protect the system. -- A.L. Scherr, "Functional Structure
of IBM Virtual Storage Operating Systems, Part II: OS/VS-2 Concepts and
Philosophies," IBM Systems Journal, Vol. 12, No. 4.