RPM Build

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Nov 16 22:32:47 UTC 2004

roger at audiblefaith.com wrote:
> This is somewhat a new question, but also inline with the RPM Source thread started earlier.
>
> I've done a bit of research/reading and have a better handle on .src.rpm vs .rmp, spec files and the like. I have installd the PHP 4.2.2 src rpm and modified the spec file. Now the problem. I get a command not found on rpmbuild. Doesn't the default RH9 install come with RPM build? If not, what do I need to do so I can do an rpmbuild?

Uh, you need to install the rpm-build RPM.

Sorry about that.  I forget that I generally install everything (I have
big disks!), so it's rarely a problem for me.  That, and I do a lot of
development so I have most of the tools installed.
- If at first you don't succeed, quit. No sense being a damned fool! -