Will Nvu work in RedHat 9

Charles R. Dennett dennett at rochester.rr.com
Fri Nov 19 20:30:20 UTC 2004

Chris A Czerwinski said:
> I inherited a Web Site that uses Dreamweaver, which I use on my XP and I
> am searching for something similar to use in Linux RedHat9 and someone
> suggested Nvu. I physically swap Hard Drives for my Linux and restart my
> OS - so Wine is not a solution.
>
> Nvu -  A complete Web Authoring System for Linux Desktop users as well
> as Microsoft Windows users to rival programs like  FrontPage and
> Dreamweaver.  Link: http://www.nvu.com/
>
> Will there be any problems  - If I were to download Nvu's Fedora 2.0
> version into RedHat 9?
>
> Has anyone tried it? Any other modules to watch out for and download?
>
> Or should I try the Tarball for Debian (k2.4) gcc/g++ 2.95.4 ?
>
> Any help is appreciated.

Well, I run RH9 at home and downloaded the source for 0.40 a while ago and
built it.  Works fine for me for what little I use it.  I don't recall
running into any major problems building it.  I seem to recall something I
had to tweak but it seemed pretty simple to me at the time.
--
Charlie
http://www.dennett.org