Camera Help

brad.mugleston at comcast.net brad.mugleston at comcast.net
Mon Nov 22 05:48:10 UTC 2004

My daughter has a Canon digital Rebel which I borrowed.  I'm
tring to now get the photos off of her camera and onto my hard
drive.

Gphoto should work but the version that came on with my software
(Red Hat 9) is too old to inculde this camera.  I downloaded an
RPM for it (gphoto2-2.1.4-7) and did an rpm -U gphoto....

It seemed to work but only the old version came up.  I tried
erasing the old version  and reinstalled and got the message that
it was already installed.  I tried to use force, replacefiles and
replacepkgs none of which worked.

Now I am looking for a solution - either to find out how to
install gphoto (and maybe where to get it if I need a new copy)
OR some other package that will do the same.

Thanks,

--
Brad Mugleston, KI0OT

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those that
understand binary and those that don't.