Wireless Help

brad.mugleston at comcast.net brad.mugleston at comcast.net
Fri Nov 26 18:24:27 UTC 2004

Hit the after Thanksgiving sales this morning - got a Motorola
wireless hub and card for my notebook so I can get away from
being so wired all the time.

>From what I've read I need to install ndiswrapper to get Linux
(Red Hat 9) to recognize the card.  I'd rather not have to build
it if I can avoid it so I went looking for some RPM's.

Found what I need but there are so many choices (most of which
I've figured out) but I need to know the architucture (386, 586,
686) of the Kernel I've installed.  I know it should match the
hardware in the notebook but I'd like to verify before going
forward.

Any quick way to figure it out?

Thanks,

--
Brad Mugleston, KI0OT

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those that
understand binary and those that don't.