Red Hat 9.0 Questions

chris reyes cd72886 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 15:24:39 UTC 2004

I'm a newbie in RHLinux 9.0.  I've read some materials that Linux
surpasses Windows NT Server in functionality and in so many ways...

Question 1:
How do you configure RH Linux 9 to be a domain controller?

Question 2:
What will i configure/enable for my RH Linux 9.0 to play video CD like
WIndows Media Player?

Question 3:
How do I make use of my CDRW on my Linux machine?

Question 4:
I have configured SAMBA in workgroup settings and i've noticed that
when a Windows client access a shared folder in the linux machine, it
takes about 45 seconds to 1 minute for the "network Neighborhodd" to
display shared items in the Linux server.

WHat will i do to improve the network shared resources browsing speed?

A little help will be appreciated.

Chris