7.3 and ldap

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 5 22:15:03 UTC 2004

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 04:58:49PM -0500, Francisco Ruiz wrote:
> I made the mistake in messing around with the ldap.conf file and now I'm
> not able to log in period.  Is there a work around this problem anyone?

Boot with your installation cd into rescue mode (put "linux rescue" at
the boot prompt).  Let it mount your system on /mnt/sysimage.  Eject
the CD.  Then you can put yourself in a familiar environment using

  chroot /mnt/sysimage

Edit what you need to fix, then

  exit # the chroot shell
  exit # to reboot