known good PCI wireless NICs for FC2

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Wed Oct 6 21:46:10 UTC 2004

Rick Stevens wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>    Is there a 'tested hardware' page for FC2 that would tell me what
>> wireles NICs I could get running without major effort?
>

> I don't know of a page that lists that off hand, but most chipsets are
> supported.  There are a few that are problematic (primarily those based
> on TI's chipset or Intersil radios).  ndiswrapper and a Windows driver
> can be used to drive those.

Maybe it's jsut my lack of knowledge, but I bought a D-Link card and
wasn't able to get it going. Then again I cannot get the Broadcom chip
in my laptop to work under Linux but it does work under Windows.

I'm wondering what I might be doing wrong at the router end that might
be making it hard for Linux.

thanks for the info.

- Mark