GNOME terminals disappear

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Thu Oct 7 12:06:34 UTC 2004

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 10:40:13AM +0100, Nicola Meenan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a relative newcomer to Linux and have just installed RHEL WS 3 on a
> Dell Precision 670 dual processor workstation.  I've noticed that whenever
> I try to minimise a terminal under GNOME it just disappears rather locates
> to the panel at the bottom of the screen.
>
> Does anyone have any idea why this happens or what I could do to fix it?

Old commonsense rule I have - When an appliance completely stops working
with no warning, always check the wall plug before calling the repair
service.....  (Unless there is smoke coming out of it.. :-)  )

Along those thought lines, can I ask what you do to minimize the
terminal, specifically, there are three icons in the upper right corner
of the terminal, which one are you clicking to minimize the terminal?

(just checking...)

--
Linux/Open Source.  Now all your base belongs to you, for free.
Idealism:  "Realism applied over a longer time period"