I'm happy

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Oct 8 21:41:21 UTC 2004

Bob McClure Jr wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 04:30:34PM -0000, moulatm - wrote:
>
>>Thanks God i finally managed to access the web from my RH box ...Many thanks to Daniel for his precious help..I owe him the link for the EagleUSB driver...
>>It remains one small problem: How to configure my mail server?...
>>I'm using Evolution Email as my mail Agent...
>>I choosed the following parameters for the settings:
>>   Receiving mail : protocol =POP , host=popmenara.ma
>

> Based on the following error message, I presume that's actually
> "host=pop.menara.ma".
>

>>   Sending mail   :protocol =SMTP   ,host=smtp.menara.ma
>>

>>bu it seems that these are not functionning as i get an error message : couldn't find host server ="pop.menara.ma"
>>
>>any ideas about that?
>>thanks
>

> Sounds like your routing is not set correctly.  Send the results of
>
>   netstat -rn

No, it's a DNS issue.  Make sure your ISP's DHCP server sends you their
list of DNS servers.  Check the /etc/resolv.conf file while you're
connected to the ISP to verify that it added some
"nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" lines in there.
-       "Yeah, but you're taking the universe out of context."       -