can't print anything at all

Scott Adamson scottadamson at sywaretech.com.au
Sun Oct 24 05:55:13 UTC 2004

Hi, I am trying to setup a HP Laserjet 6L with RH 9. First of all I
rebooted the machine with the printer connected & powered up, Kudzo
found the new device, correctly identified it and allegedly installed
the driver. The damn thing wont do anything, can't print the CUPS test
file, can't print from any applications, can't even print a text file by
using lpr. The only clue I can find is an entry in /var/log/messages
which appears when the CUPS server is restarted -

modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-188

If anyone has any suggestions they would be much appreciated

reagards,

Scott