WAS: Disk upgrade problem | NOW jumper ?

Stephen W winstephen at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 24 12:14:12 UTC 2004

Bob McClure, Jr wrote:

> BTW, _always_ use master and slave jumpering on the
> drives.  "Cable Select" (CS) is unreliable at best
 > and evil at worst.

What kind of problems are there with cable select?  I
have been running my HD so configured and not had any
problems that "seem" to be so related.

However, that may not be true.  I have not had boot
problems (which is what I would expect).

Maybe I should pull out my drives and jumper them?
Are the problems on older MD? (I am running a
relatively new MB: ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe.)

Thanks

=====
Stephen W
Sarasota, FL USA

-Donald Knuth, computer scientist (1938- )

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
-Charles Darwin, naturalist and author (1809-1882)