Port Forwarding

brad.mugleston at comcast.net brad.mugleston at comcast.net
Thu Oct 28 22:43:36 UTC 2004

I'm trying to get my son to access my home computer from school.
I'm using a Linksys router and while he can ping the cable modem
the port forwarding doesn't seem to be working.

I've look at the instructions and the only thing I can see that I
may not be doing right is the Ext. Port Range.  What range should
I be putting in?  I am not seting up a Web Server (port 80) or an
FTP server (port 21) I just want to give him access to my
computer so he can get files from my machine to his (not
necessarly FTP).  We are using RealVNC to connect between the two
machines.

Thanks,

--
Brad Mugleston, KI0OT

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those that
understand binary and those that don't.