installing ethernet drivers and a kernel ?

jdyke jdyke at azimapower.com
Fri Oct 29 18:57:07 UTC 2004

Rick Stevens wrote:

> Red Hat 9 is dead.  Red Hat end-of-lifed it in April.  It is now only
> being supported through the Fedora Legacy project.  Red Hat actually
> only supports the Enterprise-series (Advanced Server, Enhanced Server,
> Enterprise Desktop and Workstation).
Yea, i know.  But folks here seem to think RH9 is more stable then FC2, so i'm
doing what they want.  Especially since we're supporting it 100%. Got any good
arguments for me to change their mind?  I'm using FC2 at home, and have had
great luck, except with bind, FC2 kept killing named, i changed it to my oldman
RH8 box and its been rock solid.

> I'd recommend you update to Fedora Core 1 or 2 (FC3 will be out in two
> or three weeks).  Stick with FC2 if this is a production machine, as
> FC3 will likely have some glitches in it (as all new releases do).

>     http://fedoralegacy.org/download/fedoralegacy-mirrors.php
>
> You will need to fetch your update RPMs from there from now on.  I'd
> suggest you download and install yum and set up the yum.conf file to
> make updates easier.  Newer versions of up2date also can use yum
> repositories.

thanks
Jeff