uninstall the printing service

Steven Tree tree_steven at yahoo.com.cn
Sat Oct 30 01:45:17 UTC 2004

Hi everyone,
 i am a freshman of this mailing list.
i have install red hat FC2 into my IBM T20 notebook
for study.
it is real old computer, and i was meet the sound card
problem as well,
the fc2 have found the sound card,
in sound card detect stage,
 the testing sound is heared.
but cd player still have no output.
Someone have give me suggestion for this problem is
used KDE,
after install KDE, make sound card daul-work option
open,
it sound card is working alright.
But,question is:

1. KDE is slow in this computer. is it reasonable? how
can i do for that? or remove KDE will not make sound
card silence again.

2. KDE have some windows will jump out, it is will
fixed when we shut of the server service llim.But
maybe other service is still unusable, it is still
working in this machine, how can i turn off no used
service make the computer speed up.

3.the FC2 workstation install will make printiner
service installed, but i have no printer. and will
used printer in linux. how can i remove this printing
server?
RPM have not provide this alone.

wish some kindly man can give me some suggestion.

steven