root password recovery

Rajesh rajeshb at frontline.com.au
Wed Apr 6 23:37:07 UTC 2005

Hi All,

My previous system admin has installed Red Hat Linux Enterprise server 3.0
on a Sun V20z and left. We don't have the root password to access the
machine. How can 	I change the root password? On sun boxes we can boot
with CDROM to single user mode and delete the password entry in the
/etc/shadow file. I don't have much Linux skills. Could someone please tell
me how I can recover the root password. I don't have any boot floppy or
anything for that machine. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Raj.