How to Kill a program

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Sun Apr 10 20:59:03 UTC 2005

On Sunday 10 April 2005 21:52, brad.mugleston at comcast.net wrote:
> I just had a program lock up on me (using RedHat 9.0 and a GUI
> interface).  It use to be you could right click on the stuck
> programs window and the option to kill it would be there. Now it
> just lets you close it (which doesn't work in this case).
>
> Is there something like under windows (CTL-ALT-DEL) that will let
> you pick and kill individual programs?  Hate to have to log out
> just to clean something up thats stuck.
under KDE it's CTRL-ALT-ESC, click on the window you wish to kill.
if you're running GNOME...
have you tried ALT-F2, then type xkill, hit ENTER.
you can click on the window you wish to close.
Stuart
--
Stuart Sears RHCE, RHCX, RTFM, ASAP
Stop searching.  Happiness is right next to you.  Now, if they'd only