Localhost

Graeme Nichols gnichols at tpg.com.au
Mon Apr 11 04:21:13 UTC 2005

Scott Mertens wrote:

> How can I change my computer name from Localhost to an actual sensible
> name. I think it would have to be changed in the hosts file, but it
> must have to be changed somewhere else?
>
> [scott at localhost ~]$

Go to RedHat --> System Settings --. Network. Click on the 'Hosts' tab
and enter the name you want in the format 'your name'.localdomain in the
'name column and 'your name' in the alias column. Works for me.

> .

Kind regards,

Graeme.
In dwelling, be close to the land.
In meditation, delve deep into the heart.
In dealing with others, be gentle and kind.
In speech, be true.
In work, be competent.
In action, be careful of your timing.
		-- Lao Tsu