multiple linux

Chris Hewitt rhil at manordata.uklinux.net
Tue Apr 12 13:18:50 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 11:31, tariq samsudeen wrote:
> hi all,
> is it possible to hv a multiple copy of redhat linux on the same
> machine.......i installed 2 copies of linux, but my grub loader config
> is pointing only to the latest installation.....pliz help
> thanks & regards,
> tariq

Yes, I do this a lot. From your running (latest) installation, mount the
disc partition that is /boot in the original installation. Copy the
/boot/grub/grub.conf (when mounted it will be just
<mountpoint/grub/grub.conf) entry from the original and paste it into
the /boot/grub/grub.conf as a second entry to the latest installation.

If the two installations are the same version of linux then the entries
will be the same except for the disc partitions that they point to.

HTH
Chris