FW: Mounted share.

Francisco Ruiz fruiz at tsitrucks.com
Fri Apr 22 16:39:48 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-install-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-install-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Rick
Stevens
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 11:17 AM
To: Getting started with Red Hat Linux
Subject: Re: FW: Mounted share.

Francisco Ruiz wrote:
> Hello People!  I have a SCO box running Vision FS with 4 shares. I can

> mount from a rh8.0 all four of those shares and list the contents of
> each, but one.  The one I'm having trouble listing can be mounted with

> no problem.  When I go to list a single file or all files in that
> share my RH8.o system just sits there.  What can I look for.  The only

> difference between this share and the others is that this share is not

> browsable meaning any one with access right can rwx to it but can not
> browse it for the for example through the network hood in windows.

Then the user you've mounted it as also can't search it.  If a share is
not browsable, then the user who's trying to look at it must
authenticate to the server somehow.

I set the share with rwx to all users that authenticate. I have mounted
the share with the credentials of a user who has all these rights as
well.  On a win PC the share is not visible in the net hood, but I can
map a drive to it and I go to "MY Computer" on the desktop I am able to
list, browse and do what ever I want.  How is mounting a drive in Linux
and mapping a drive in windows different?
-     There are only 10 kinds of people in the world -- those who    -
-                 understand binary and those who don't              -
redhat-install-list-request at redhat.com