can't change ownership on files

Smith, Albert Albert.Smith at genexservices.com
Sat Apr 23 00:24:23 UTC 2005

I don't recommend doing this because it makes your system vulnerable to
changes. Before you implement this I would install a filesystem audit
tool to track permission changes and such. With that being said. Add the
sticky bit to (chmod u=rwxs) /bin/chown this will allow the process to
run as root instead of the user running the process and enable to change
the ownership of files to whoever they like with no checks.

Albert Smith
Sr. Unix Systems Administrator
HPCSA, RHCT
Genex Services