Supported Raid Controller

Allen, Jack Jack.Allen at McKesson.com
Mon Aug 8 20:20:46 UTC 2005

Can anyone tell me or tell me where I can find out if the following Raid
Controller are directly supported by Red Hat AS version 4? That is I do
not have to go to the vendor to get a driver.

Serveraid 8I SAS
Serveraid 6M

Other questions depending on the answer to the first question.
1) Can I do an initial load with these controllers? That is I do not
have to have some other drive to load on first and then put other file
systems on the drives controlled by these controllers.

2) Any pros or cons about these controllers? Easy to configure,
performance as advertised, etc.

Thanks in advance.
Jack Allen