Host Network Problem

Rahul Jain rbj2 at oak.njit.edu
Tue Aug 16 21:10:17 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am having a strange network problem with a linux box. I have
configured a private network and the linux box has an IP address of
10.1.0.1. It is able to ping to its default gateway (10.1.0.2) and to the
rest of the network. However none of the other services work. I have tried
ftp, traceroute using both hostname and IP address. None of them work.
Traceroute gives a strange result of ending at the gateway and ftp throws
the error "no route to host". I even tried doing ftp to the gateway but
got the same error.

I am not sure what is the problem since the host is able to ping all other
hosts in the network. Any ideas what might be going wrong ?

Thanks,
Rahul.