Help with RHAS 4 and GFS 6.1

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Aug 17 01:15:00 UTC 2005

Samad, Alex wrote:
> Found it
>

> You need lvm2-cluster-2.01.09-5.0.RHEL4.i386.rpm, part of the GFS 6.1
> set; it contains the extensions to LVM2 for clusters, among them,
> /usr/sbin/clvmd.

Ah, HAH!  As I said, all I've been dealt with is the bleeding edge
tarballs from the CVS system.  I haven't seen the nicely packaged bits.

I also saw from your other posting that you're using DLM.  Either one
will work (DLM or GULM).  I've had good luck with GULM and stuck with
it as DLM originally had issues.  I guess I should switch back to DLM
and see if it behaves better.  You must understand that my application
requires REALLY fast data--eventually a total of about 9Gb/second
(yes, that's 9 gigabits per second or 1.125 gigabytes/second).
Obviously, that requires a lot of servers and a very fast storage
platform (Hitachi Thunder 9815 SAN array).
-                  Heisenberg _may_ have slept here                  -