Setting up Raid 1 disks

john.bergeski at alpsautomotive.com john.bergeski at alpsautomotive.com
Mon Aug 22 19:39:18 UTC 2005

I setup the RAID disks, the install went ok, however when the server boots
it stops at a  screen with only GRUB in the upper left hand corner of the
screen and just sits there. Nothing happens when I hit any keys. The
install encountered zero problems.

Peace - John

             Rick Stevens
             <rstevens at vitalst
             ream.com>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  Getting started with Red Hat Linux
             redhat-install-li         <redhat-install-list at redhat.com>
             st-bounces at redhat                                          cc
             .com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Setting up Raid 1 disks
             08/22/2005 02:27
             PM

             Please respond to
              Getting started
               with Red Hat
                   Linux
             <redhat-install-l
              ist at redhat.com>

john.bergeski at alpsautomotive.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to the Linux world(Windows Admin) I am trying to install Redhat
> Enterprise Linux (V4). I need to setup RAID 1 on the disks(2-73GB &
> 2-146GB).
>
> Anyone have any step by step instructions? Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

I'm assuming you want software RAID1.  The installer should allow you
to set that up.  When you get to the disk partitioning screen, select
the "manual (disk druid)" mechanism.  It'll ask you some fairly simple
questions and allow you to set up the RAID on your two pairs of disks,
then you'll partition them and use them.
redhat-install-list-request at redhat.com