NFS help

Otto Haliburton ottohaliburton at comcast.net
Sun Aug 28 01:54:17 UTC 2005

This may sound a little callous, but the first thing I think you should do
is read up on NFS, DNS, DHCP.  Cause you are trying to do something you have
no idea how to do.  The reason I am saying this is that you need to know how
a name is resolved in order to see how to mount the resource.  Tha
assignment of the IP is irrelevant to what you are doing, what you should be
worried about is how everyone resolves the name you assign the resource and
that will be done thru the DNS.  So if everyone is looking for resource A
then when DHCP assigns a IP to resource A and that resource is reported to
the DMS server then everyone can mount the resource cause they know who and
what it is cause the DNS is going to report its current ip address and if it
changes it will report the new one so everyone will always be happy.  So
forget the assignment of a fixed IP and worry about resolving the name with
the DNS.  Hopefully you will go out on the net and search for the facts you
need and see what you need to do.  It might make it easier in your mind to
assign a fixed IP but it in no way a necessary requirement for what you are
wanting to do.  Good Luck!!!!!!!!!1