NFS help

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 02:46:06 UTC 2005

On 8/27/05, brad.mugleston at comcast.net <brad.mugleston at comcast.net> wrote:
> OK, Now I understand what you were saying and yes I can do that
> but - as I said before this is more of a learning exercise and I
> was just wondering how it would be done using full DHCP assigned
> IP addresses

Rick can come save me perhaps here ... Rick? You out there? :)

NFS in my limited experience doesn't fill me with confidence about its
robustness. I really don't think I'd want to see what happens when 40
machines have mounts on my NFS server and my server reboots
spontaneously and gets a new IP. What happens to all those existing
mounts? I'm skeptical about NFS handling this gracefully, but perhaps
someone with more experience and knowledge could fill us in on the
consequences.

John