NFS status

brad.mugleston at comcast.net brad.mugleston at comcast.net
Mon Aug 29 02:56:30 UTC 2005

OK,

Here's where I'm at.

Background - I'm trying to set up an NFS server in my house so
the files I need in any room will be available AND it's got more
free hard drive space on it than all of the other machines in the
house put together.

Server - FC2
Client - RH9

Where I'm at - I've followed quite a few write up's on how to do
it (including the HOW-TO) and I believe it's set up right.  The
test programs give the expected results  (rpcinfo -p lists what
is expected)

The client is set up as instructed.

I can ping both machines from each other
I can SSH from the server to the client but not the other way
around.

The error I get is:

mount: RPC: Remote System Error - No Route to Host

and that is where I'm stuck.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Brad Mugleston, KI0OT

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those that
understand binary and those that don't.