NFS status

brad.mugleston at comcast.net brad.mugleston at comcast.net
Mon Aug 29 03:27:39 UTC 2005

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005, inode0 wrote:

> On 8/28/05, brad.mugleston at comcast.net <brad.mugleston at comcast.net> wrote:
> > The error I get is:
> >
> > mount: RPC: Remote System Error - No Route to Host
> >
> > and that is where I'm stuck.
> >
> > Suggestions?
>
> Perhaps a firewall on the FC2 box? I don't have a fedora box handy so
> I'm going to guess the syntax to check as
>
> # service iptables status
>
> What does that return? If it is on try
>
> # service iptables stop
>
> and see if NFS starts working ...
>
> John

YES!  OK, the firewall was running - now it's stopped and I can
now ssh from the client to the server (no more running up and
down two flights of stairs to change things).  The error I now
get when mounting my server is

mount: RPC: Program Not Registered

Were getting close, I can feel it (plus I have to get up in 7 1/2
hours).

Thanks

Brad