php and mail

brouwers roland lx roland at cat.be
Sun Dec 18 14:15:25 UTC 2005

Hello everybody

If the mail() function is used in PHP-script, it will use sendmail as
the SMTP server, according to his php.ini.
As we all know, sendmail is not easy to configure. Is there another way?
P.e. Postfix.

The provider is used as relay server, relay.skynet.be.
Sendmail, or whatever is only used for sending mail, coming from PHP.

Is there anybody out there who could tell me how to configure or passing
sendmail, so that the mail coming from php can pass it, in other words,
changing the php.ini, or something like that.

Thanks for your help

Roland Brouwers
C.A.T. bvba
Antwerp-Belgium