Problems with Apache 1.3.34

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Dec 5 23:33:00 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 20:30 -0200, Rodrigo Faria Tavares wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed the apache 1.3.34, in httpd.conf im make a rewrite rule
> for a other machine, when I start apache, and
> i open the browser come the message :
>
> You don't have permission to access / on this server.

The apache process doesn't have permissions to access the "DocumentRoot"
directory.  Remember, apache runs as the user "apache" or the user
"nobody".  The document root must permit reading by those users.

-                 IGNORE that man behind the keyboard!               -
-                                                - The Wizard of OS  -